The Ministry of Land and Resources approved the establishment of the Key Laboratory for Marine Oil and Gas Resources and Environmental Geology on Sept. 14, 2007. The Laboratory is mandated to carry out the basic theoretical and applied research on marine geology, petroleum geology and environmental geology, and the research and development of related upgraded high technology.
In accordance with the principles of “Open-door, exchange, cooperation and competition”, the laboratory is to optimize the management system and working procedure, strengthen the basic construction and human resource development, and work hard to upgrade the laboratory as a center for knowledge and technology innovation, and establish a high-level working team of scientists and technical experts, that shall be the core of the scientific innovation system.
Major targets and research interests
1. The accumulation mechanism and distribution pattern of offshore oil and gas and gas hydrate.
2. Offshore environmental evolution and hazard geology.
3. The features of geophysical fields of China Seas and their origin.
4. The geological framework and basin dynamic process of China Seas and adjacent areas.
5. Offshore geochemical survey for oil and gas.
6. Marine geological prospecting and information processing.